Badminton is one of the long-time played competitive sports that have 21 points format tested and declared in the 2006 Thomas/Uber Cup. After the Cup, the 21 points rally format has become the official scoring format of Badminton.
The basic rules for the badminton official scoring format include;
- Player has to win out of 3 games to win a match
- Player has to score 21 points to win the game
- When both players earn 20-20, the person who scores 2 consecutive points is declared as the winner.
- Likewise, when players earn 29-29, the person who takes up the 30th point becomes the winner.
- Badminton does not include ‘service over’ and one service only for doubles.